St. Frances Cabrini Academy is a Catholic elementary school that educates by nurturing the growth of each child's mind, body, and spirit. We celebrate our diversity while acting together to proclaim the Gospel. We commit ourselves to justice, the value of a quality education for all, and the vibrancy of the city of St. Louis.
Programs & Activities
- Music Classes for All Grade Levels
- Artist-in-Residence Program for All Grade Levels
- English as a Second Language Classes
- English Tutoring Program
- Comprehensive Religious Curriculum
- IBM Computer Lab with Internet Access and 25 computers
- CYC Catholic Youth Council Sports Program (Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Softball)
- Cabrini-Sponsored Clubs & Activities (Scouts, Children's Choir, Private Music Lessons, Cabrini Mission Club)
- On-Site Provident Aftercare
Who Was St. Frances Xavier Cabrini?
Mother St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, the namesake of the school, was born in 1850 near Lodi, Italy. She founded the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in 1880, which was expressly for charitable and religious work among the very poor. She was sent to America by Pope Leo XIII in 1889 to aid Italian immigrants arriving there. She lived mainly in New York City and Chicago, directing the establishment of schools, hospitals, orphanages, and nurseries. She died in 1917 and was beatified by Pope Pius XI in 1938. She was the first U.S. citizen to be canonized (which Pius XII did in 1946). Her principal shrine is the Mother Cabrini High School in New York City, where she is buried. Her feast day is December 22.
For more information about St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, go to...